Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the White Claw – Win the Ultimate Surf Weekend Prize Draw (the "Prize Draw"). You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry for the Prize Draw.
The promoter of the Prize Draw is Mark Anthony Brands International Unlimited Company of 4th Floor, Donnybrook House, 36-42 Donnybrook Road | Dublin D04 WN59, Ireland (the "Promoter").
If you have any queries about the Prize Draw or these Terms then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
- The Prize Draw will begin at 00.01 on 16th April 2021 and close on 23.59 on 11th June 2021 (the "Prize Draw Period").
The Prize Draw is open to individuals who:
- are residents of the Republic of Ireland;
- are aged 18 years or over and
- have a registered mobile phone capable of scanning the QR code and connected to the Internet, at the time of entry into the Prize Draw.
- The Prize Draw is not open to employees, contractors, representatives, agents, officers or directors of the Promoter, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing agencies, or to any of their immediate family members or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, or anyone else professionally connected with the Prize Draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any participant. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose.
To enter into the Prize Draw, participants must:
- visit a SuperValu off licence area during store opening hours.
- scan the QR code displayed on the Free Standing Display Unit or Shelf Edge promotional display
- enter their full name, email address and mobile phone number
- see the web page display the entry confirmation message: 'thanks for entering, all winners will be notified within 7 days of the end of the promotion'
during the Prize Draw Period. No purchase is necessary.
Entries must be completed correctly and be received by the Promoter during the Prize Draw Period to be eligible to win the Prize. All entries posted or received outside the Prize Draw Period will not be included in the Prize Draw. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries or claims that are delayed or not received due to transmission, network or software problems or any other reason beyond the Promoter’s control.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the promotional period. For the avoidance of doubt only one unique mobile number will be accepted per person, and a person can use this mobile number to enter only once. Any entrant using multiple mobile numbers to enter the promotion will be disqualified and any prize entitlement will be void. A mobile phone number can only be used by one person and it cannot be shared within a household. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
- Entries which, in the Promoter's opinion may be deemed offensive, discriminatory, inappropriate, defamatory or which are unlawful or in breach of these Terms will not be accepted and will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. The Promoter reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
- Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective will be disqualified.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entries.
- Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Prize Draw should be directed to the Promoter and not to SuperValu.
- If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Prize Draw your request should be made in writing to the Promoter at 4th Floor, Donnybrook House, 36-42 Donnybrook Road | Dublin D04 WN59, Ireland.
Selection of Winners
- One (1) winner will be drawn using a random number generator within 7 days of the closing date from all valid and eligible entries received during the Prize Draw Period (the "Winner)."
- The Winner will be notified via phone. If unanswered after two attempts a SMS message will also be sent requesting a response to an email. This notification will ask the Winner to confirm their age and compliance with these Terms, and include instructions on how the Winner can claim the Prize. Participants who have not won a Prize will not be notified.
- In the event a Prize is unclaimed after 7 Days, of trying to contact the Winner, the Winner will cease to be eligible for the Prize and the Promoter draw a replacement winner selected in the same way as the original Winner.
- Winner must provide a redacted copy of their official government ID (to confirm their age) when requested in order to claim the Prize which includes alcohol. - it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that they respond to the winner notification, by emailing the address provided at the point of notification. Winners who do not respond within the initial 7 days, will be phoned and texted. If contact cannot be made, or the prize is not claimed, within 7 days of the initial prize notification date an alternative winner will be drawn. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- Prize is subject to terms, conditions and availability. If for any reason, including COVID-19, a prize is not available, the Promoter has the discretion to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so. The current COVID-19 pandemic may lead to the prize needing to be rearranged at short notice or cancelled and an alternative prize provided. In the event for any reason the prize winners do not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winners and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize.
The Winner will win one (1) White Claw – Surf Weekend (the "Prize"), comprising the following:
- Two (2) night’s stay in a hotel Surf Lodge in Ireland for up to Three (3) people staying in one room on a room only basis.
- One (1) surfing lesson over (including surfboard and wetsuit hire) the two (2) night stay for each of the three (3) people.
- One (1) White Claw Welcome Kit for each of the three (3) people, consisting of one (1) White Claw branded hat, one (1) White Claw bag, one (1) White Claw jumper and one (1) four pack of White Claw.
- Travel expenses to and from the hotel will not be covered as part of the prize.
- Food and drink will not be covered as part of this prize
- The Winner and those benefiting from the Prize understand that while exhilarating, surfing is a dangerous activity and they accept the risks inherent with surfing when using the Prize and agree to do so responsibly. The Promotor accepts no liability in respect of the Winner's use of the Prize. The Winner and those benefiting from the Prize further agree to be bound by any and all terms and conditions at the Hotel Surf Lodge and in respect of the surfing lesson and agree to follow all direction and instruction of the lesson instructor.
- There is no cash or non-cash alternative to the Prize or any aspect thereof, except in the event of circumstances outside the Promoter's reasonable control, where the Promoter reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute a similar or alternative Prize of equivalent or greater value.
- The details of how to redeem the Prize will be posted to the postal address supplied by the Winner.
- The Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The name and county of the Winner and the Prize won will (unless the Winner has objected on lawful grounds) be made available on receipt of a self-addressed pre-paid envelope received by the Promoter at 4th Floor, Donnybrook House, 36-42 Donnybrook Road | Dublin D04 WN59, Ireland for 60 days following the end of the Prize Draw Period.
- Winner may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Prize Draw, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and/or press purposes.
- Any decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Prize Draw and/or amend or alter these Terms in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to: industrial action, malware incident, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the Promoter.
- If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Prize Draw, these conditions will take precedence.
- Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant's sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting a prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this Promotion save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter's liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for (a) any entries which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason; (b) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Prize Draw; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Prize Draw; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or (e) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Prize Draw or to download any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
- If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid, void or unenforceable by reason of any law, rule, administrative order or judicial decision, that provision will be, to the extent strictly necessary, severed from the remaining Terms and that determination shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In the case of the severance of any Terms, the part deemed invalid or unenforceable shall be amended in a manner consistent with the applicable law to reflect, as closely as possible, the original intent in these Terms.
- Failure by the Promoter to insist upon strict performance of any of a participant’s obligations or to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which the Promoter is entitled shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve any participant from compliance with such obligations and a waiver by the Promoter of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- These Terms, together with other documents referred to herein, represent the entire agreement between the Promoter and the participant and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement, whether oral or in writing.
- The Promoter will award the Prize as described in these Terms, but the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for the Winner's use of the Prize.
- Any personal information supplied in connection with the Prize Draw will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice of the Promoter posted below.
- The Prize Draw and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to Irish law. Any disputes must be referred to the Irish courts.